The national curriculum for art and design aims to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
At Golcar J, I & N School, Art is taught as an integral part of the school’s
We aim to:
- Plan and offer opportunities for learners to be creative, express themselves and enjoy themselves in and through art
- Develop skills in creativity and innovation
- Enable children to gain a sense of own identity and discover strengths and talents.
- Enhance confidence and self-esteem
- Enable children to be creative within an environment which encourages exploration.
- Encourage the use of Art as an effective medium for achieving other educational objectives
- Enhance children’s appreciation of different cultures through art
- Foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and a knowledge of artists, craftspeople and designers
- Help develop a respect for others’ artistic tastes and points of view.