Forest school inspires and encourages children through positive outdoor experiences. It develops children’s aspirations, independence and problem-solving skills.
Children are given space and time to learn following their own thoughts.
We experience forest school in all weathers, all year round. Here are some of the things we might do…
- Pond dipping
- Hunting and identifying minibeasts
- Bird spotting and making bird feeders
- Cooking experiences on an open fire
- Playing team games
- Building mini-shelters for animals
- Creating large and small dens
- Exploring the environment and how it changes through the seasons
- Being creative with clay, making monsters/ minibeasts
- Mud kitchen
Every forest session we start off by singing our forest school song. The children kit up and help to carry the resources down to the forest for the session. This gives us a sense of belonging and togetherness and also emphasises the important skills and values we are trying to develop and promote, in and through everyone.
We’re going to the forest, going to the forest
Rain or shine (x2)
Working in the forest (x2)
With my friends (x2)
Parents are always welcome to come and join us in the forest