The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical education and competitive sport.
Please click here to see a breakdown of how we have spent our Sports Premium for 2016-2017
Please click here to see a breakdown of how we spent our Sports Premium for 2015-2016
In our school we are using this funding by working with the Pennine Sports Partnership and Project Sports to:
- Increase the amount of competition sport in which our children participate.
- Make links to other community sports providers.
- Develop additional clubs and activities for children, outside the curriculum.
- Encourage our children to improve their leadership skills through sport.
- Give extra support in PE to our most talented children and include those with special needs in sport.
Lastly, we are bringing PE and sports specialist teachers and coaches into work with and alongside class teachers in lessons.
In this way, our children will gain new skills and experiences and teachers will learn new techniques and knowledge to aid them in teaching sport and PE.
The long term aim is higher quality lessons and improved learning for all children.